Our Shand Greenhouse grows approximately 500,000 trees, shrubs and native plants a year through waste heat generated by Shand Power Station.
Be Aware of the Dangers Before You Plant Trees
Trees coming into contact with power lines is not only dangerous, but it can lead to unplanned power outages. Learn more about the dangers before you plant trees.
We provide a selection of tree and shrub seedlings free of charge to Saskatchewan not-for-profit agencies, service clubs, conservation agencies and individual landowners for shelterbelts, wildlife habitat and reclamation projects. The number one requirement is a shared commitment to preserve and enhance Saskatchewan’s natural landscape.
Why Plant Seedlings?
Planting, protecting and maintaining trees and shrubs can help us to:
- Sequester CO 2
- Enhance the appearance of a particular area
- Improve wildlife habitat by providing shelter and food
- Reduce soil and wind erosion
- Reclaim marginal or disturbed tracts of land
Who is Eligible?
All shelterbelt, wildlife habitat and reclamation projects that will be planted on land holdings no less than 4.04 ha (10 acres) are eligible, provided:
- Seedlings are not for profit or gain
- Seedlings are not intended for yard or commercial landscaping purposes
- Projects are environmentally sound
Review our eligibility requirements for full details.
Apply for Seedlings
You can apply for free seedlings online: