Our benefits package can add up to 35 to 40 per cent of your annual salary. Interested?
Health, Dental and Life Insurance
Our employee's are very important to us. We offer competitive benefits packages that will help you and your family stay healthy and happy.
- Prescription drugs: $750 per person per year.
- Vision care: $300 every 24 consecutive months plus $150 per year for employee eye exams.
- Massage therapy, physiotherapy, chiropractic treatments and other professional services: $300 per year.
- Hospital and ambulance services: 100 per cent reimbursement for private/semi-private hospital room; $3,000 per person for private duty nursing.
- Out-of-country travel coverage: $1 million per person per year for emergency treatment while travelling.
- Dental: 100 per cent reimbursement for preventative treatment (exams, x-rays, cleaning, etc.); 75 per cent reimbursement for routine work (fillings, extractions, root canals, etc.); 50 per cent reimbursement for major restorative work (crowns, bridges, dentures, etc.); and 50 per cent reimbursement for orthodontic services.
- Group life insurance: Basic coverage is the employee’s annual salary doubled; SaskPower pays premiums on the first $25,000 of coverage.
- Voluntary term life insurance.
We're a company that always has our eye on the future, so we understand how important it is to plan for life beyond work.
- Pension plan: Employees contribute five per cent of their regular monthly earnings and SaskPower contributes an amount based on the employee subgroups with the minimum employer contribution of six per cent.
- Flexible spending account: SaskPower provides permanent employees with funds each year that can be taken as cash or used to boost retirement savings, purchase vacation time and top up health and dental coverage.
- Voluntary group RRSPs and labour-sponsored investment funds: Employees can make voluntary contributions through payroll deduction.
- Deferred salary leave program.
- Retirement planning assistance.
We offer many benefits that extend beyond health and retirement savings.
- Professional development
- Education reimbursement
- Professional designation fee reimbursement
- Child care reimbursement*
- Relocation assistance
- Safety and long-service awards programs
- Employee and Family Assistance Program
- Computer and fitness equipment purchase programs: Interest-free loans up to $3,000
* For applicable employee groups
Key Competitive Benefits
- A Healthcare Spending Account (HSA) is an option under our Flexible Spending Account benefit. Employees can use their HSA for laser eye surgery or other treatments that aren’t covered under the group health or dental plan.
- The SaskPower dental plan has no lifetime maximum on orthodontic work. Many other plans have $1,500 to $3,000 maximums.
- The out-of-country travel coverage provided by MedAssist can save employees from buying expensive travel medical insurance. The savings for two people going on a two-week Mexico vacation are nearly $375.
- Prescription eyewear coverage under the SaskPower plan is $300 each consecutive 24-month period, plus employees are covered for up to $150 a year for basic routine eye exams. Many other plans are limited to $200 every two years for prescription eyewear.