Across Saskatchewan, hockey arenas and curling rinks are often the hub of the community. They can also be expensive facilities to operate.
Our Municipal Ice Rink Program provides valuable power-saving information, financial incentives and technical resources to help Saskatchewan municipalities make their facilities more cost efficient to operate.
We’re Here to Help You Save
We offer a number of ways to help you cut costs, including:
- Online calculators and tools so you can see how your facility's electricity use compares with the industry average, and where you can save.
- Financial incentives on energy efficient equipment and equipment and installations.
- Custom incentives for improvements tailored to your business.
- Walk-through facility audits to assess equipment and operating practices.
- An assessment tool to help you see how your facility compares to best practice for rink electricity use and technical performance,
- Information about power saving opportunities in both low-cost and capital-intensive categories.
For more information on financial incentives provided through this program, please review the qualifying product list for prescribed technologies and corresponding amounts. Interested applicants can apply for these incentives by filling out the application form for prescribed incentives or by contacting us to discuss the potential to receive incentives for larger custom projects.
Whether you’re looking for information or incentives on a new technology, need advice to help you with your energy-related projects, or just want to cost-check a quote — we’re here to help.
All existing Saskatchewan artificial ice rink facilities that have a yearly power bill of at least $12,000 are eligible to participate in this program. If you have any questions, contact us online or call us at 1(888)757-6937.