Generate your own power and save money by using renewable energy technologies!
Our program will get you started with renewable generation and help cover some of the initial costs.
Be sure to maximize your investment and make your home energy efficient. You can track your monthly consumption by signing up for a SaskPower online account. To determine the approximate size and cost of the system needed, talk to a few renewable generation suppliers.
- You’re eligible for a one-time rebate until Nov. 30, 2018 (equivalent to 20 per cent of equipment and installation costs to a maximum payment of $20,000);
- We credit your excess power at the same rate you purchase power;
- Any unused power is banked as a credit in your SaskPower account up to one year; and
- Your power credits are maximized to the type of energy technology you choose.
Who can apply?
- Residents, farms and businesses with the ability of generating up to 100 kW (dc) capacity.
- Biogas and Biomass
- Flare Gas
- Heat Recovery
- Low-Impact Hydro
For additional details about the program, rebate and technologies, review our information package.