Construction on the Chinook Power Station site began in January 2017 with work scheduled for completion in October 2019. View our slideshow to see how the project is progressing.
- August 2017 – PCL erects the first Heat Recovery Steam Generator (HRSG) casing. Allan Construction continues work on major equipment foundations. Hipperson completes the administration building foundation.
- July 2017 – Powerhouse piling is complete. Foundation and underground work continues. AGI Envirotank is preparing to install the roof of the field fabricated Service Water Tank.
- June 2017 – Foundation pouring continues while underground infrastructure installations begin.
- May 2017 — First foundations are poured. Tron provides site cleaning and maintenance services. Piling work is 75-per-cent complete.
- April 2017 — Allan Construction kicks off foundation and underground service work with support from Peak Mechanical and Harris Rebar. Onsite medical and security services are organized by Whitecap Haztech. Piling work is 50-per-cent complete.
- March 2017 — Construction power activities begin; DFI starts driving piles and Wheatland Machine begins cap installations.
- February 2017 — Clearing and grubbing activities completed.
- January 2017 — Construction starts; Allan Construction begins clearing and grubbing activities.
Check out the progress: