Meter Reading Contest
Enter your meter read for the chance to win $250 that can be used on your power bill or redeemed as a cheque. Read the contest details.
Submit Your Meter Readings
There are 4 ways you can submit your meter reading:
Why Submit Your Meter Readings?
- Keep your bills accurate
- Pay for the power you actually use
- Learn more about your power use
When Should I Read My Meter?
You can submit a meter read at any time to help us better estimate your power use.
Six days before your billing date is the best time to read your meter. You have until 5 pm on your billing date to submit your reading.
You can sign up for read window reminders through your online account.
We do our best to read meters on schedule. But this may not always happen.
Submit your meter reads to keep your bills as accurate as possible. We try to read meters:
- In cities and towns: Every third month
- In rural areas and acreages: Once a year
- In resort areas: Once a year
- In communities where the population is less than 500: Once a year
How to Read Your Meter
If you get a meter read card in your mailbox, you should read your meter and submit it to us.
- Record the exact position of each dial on the card. If the dial is between two numbers, use the lower number. For example, the meter above reads 79314.
- Submit your meter reading using the information you recorded on the card.
Keep the Path to Your Meter Clear
Save yourself time. Let us read your meter!
Keeping the way clear isn't just about getting a read on your meter. It's also a matter of safety.
- Leash your dog up or put it behind closed doors if the meter reader’s inside the house.
- Clear the way around your power and gas meters:
- Clear ice and snow away from: