There are plenty of reasons why SaskPower is a great place to work. Here are a few of the reasons:
- One of Saskatchewan’s Top Employers
- Emphasis on professional development and advancement
- Challenging positions available across the province
- Inclusive work environment that embraces individual differences
- Strong commitment to employee safety
- Competitive salaries and benefits
- Commitment to the environment through green power and energy efficiency and conservation programs
Work and Life Balance
Life is not all work. We know that as much as you do. Realize a greater quality of life, and work, with SaskPower.
Life and work can sometimes be hectic. That’s why we offer a great balance of work and non-work days:
- Banked days off: 13 days per year for non-unionized employees, 17 days for unionized employees and 26 days for unionized office employees
- Family leave: Three days per year
- Sick leave: 15 days per year
- 0 to 7 years: 15 days
- 8 to 14 years: 20 days
- 15 to 24 years: 25 days
- 25+ years: 30 days
- Maternity leave top-up program: supplements Employment Insurance benefits for up to 17 weeks
- Flex time and job sharing*
- Compressed work week and reduced work week*
- Deferred salary leave and leaves of absence
* For applicable employee groups
Our benefits package can add up to 35 to 40 per cent of your annual salary.
We love Saskatchewan. If you love Saskatchewan as much as we do, then you’re already involved in your community, making donations or volunteering. We’re investing in the future of Saskatchewan along with you through community giving and volunteer support.
Over $1.5 million per year in support
Through our community partnerships and investment programs, we donate over $1.5 million per year. Our priorities focus on education programming to build our next generation of employees, keep our customers safe around electricity, and create a community of customers who find ways to save power and protect our environment.