- Saskatchewan Power Corporation (the “Contest Sponsor”) is sponsoring the SASKPOWER Paperless Billing Prize Giveaway (the “Contest”). The Contest will commence on May 1, 2020 and run each calendar month (each calendar month a “Monthly Contest Period”) until November 1, 2020 at 11:59 PM CST. Each Monthly Contest Period will close at 11:59 PM CST on the last day of the calendar month for such Monthly Contest Period (the “Monthly Contest Period Closing Date”).
- By entering this Contest the entrants agree to accept and abide by these rules and regulations (the “Contest Rules”). All decisions of the Contest Sponsor with respect to any aspect of this Contest, including without limitation the eligibility of entries and prize awards, are final and binding on all entrants in all matters as they relate to this Contest.
- Participation in the Contest is limited to residents of the Province of Saskatchewan who are 18 years of age or older at the time of entry. Employees, directors and officers and their respective spouses, parents, siblings and children, and persons domiciled with an employee, director or officer, of the Contest Sponsor, or an affiliated company, subsidiary or division of the Corporate Sponsor, are ineligible to participate in this contest. The Contest is void outside the province of Saskatchewan.
- By entering the Contest, a winner consents to the use of his or her likeness/image, name and city/town of residence without compensation other than the prize awarded in any publicity or advertising carried out in connection with the Contest in any medium worldwide by the Contest Sponsor and/or its advertising or promotional agencies without limitation or further notification.
- No purchase necessary. The Contest can be entered by one of the following methods:
- automatically when you sign up for paperless billing through the SaskPower's MySaskPower Account or when you sign up to paperless billing by calling SaskPower at 1-888-757-6937, at any time during the Contest period and remain signed up for paperless billing from the date of sign up to the Closing Date; or
- upon the Contest Sponsor receiving an entry by mail addressed to SaskPower Customer Services, 2550 Sandra Schmirler Way, Regina, SK, S4P 3Y2 with the entry consisting of a piece of paper that includes your name, age, address, email address and daytime phone number and “SaskPower Paperless Billing Contest entry” indicated on the outside of the envelope. Mail-in entries must be received on or before the Closing Date (facsimile or e-mail entries are not accepted).
- Only one (1) paperless billing sign up entry per SaskPower account is allowed. If an entry is mailed in, only one (1) mail-in entry per household will be allowed. In the event it is discovered you attempted to enter more than allowed, all of your entries will be void.
- In addition to section 6 of these Contest Rules, if a valid Contest entry is made by an entrant during a current Monthly Contest Period, and such entrant has entered previous SaskPower My Account Paperless Billing Contests, any valid Contest entries made by such current entrant in previous SaskPower My Account Paperless Billing Contests will be included in the draw for the current Monthly Contest Period provided, as applicable in the circumstances: a) the entrant remains in paperless billing up to and including the current Monthly Contest Period Closing Date; or b) previous mailed in Contest entries were made in consecutive SaskPower My Account Paperless Billing Contests, including the SaskPower My Account Paperless Billing Contest immediately preceding the current Monthly Contest Period. This section 7 applies to all eligible entrants, including previous Contest winners. For clarity, a previous Contest winner will be allowed to keep all valid entries from previous Contests in the draw for the current Monthly Contest Period, including any previous winning entries, if such entries meet the requirements of this section 7.
- The Contest Sponsor is not responsible for entries that are incomplete, illegible, inaudible, damaged, irregular, have been submitted through illicit means, or do not conform to or satisfy any condition of these Contest Rules and all such entries may be disqualified. All entries become the sole property of the Contest Sponsor and none will be returned.
- There is one (1) Contest prize to be won for each Monthly Contest Period, consisting of $250.00 CAD (the “Prize” or “Prizes”). A Contest winner may choose to, but is not required to, receive the Prize in the form of a $250 CAD credit toward the winner’s SaskPower power account. If the Contest winner does not choose to receive the Prize in the form of a $250 CAD credit toward the winner’s SaskPower power account, the Contest Sponsor will determine in its sole discretion whether the Prize will be paid by way of cash or cheque.
- Prize must be accepted as awarded. Prize may not be sold, transferred or otherwise assigned and is not convertible or redeemable to cash or other prizes. The Contest Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a Prize in whole or in part in the event that all or any component of the Prize is unavailable. Prize winner is solely responsible for all costs not expressly described herein.
- The chance of being selected in a draw is dependent on the number of eligible entries received.
- On the first day of each calendar month beginning May 1, 2020, at Regina, SK, a random draw will be conducted from all entries eligible for the immediately preceding Monthly Contest Period to select a potential winner of a Prize for such immediately preceding Monthly Contest Period (the “Draw”).
- The selected entrant will be notified by the email address that is attached to their SaskPower MySaskPower account or mail in entry. The Contest Sponsor assumes no responsibility for any inaccurate or incorrect information provided to it, or that results in any way from the transmission, receipt or processing of entries. If the first selected entrant does not respond within seven (7) days of this email contact, the Contest Sponsor will have the right to disqualify that entrant and to randomly draw another eligible entry. By entering, you agree that if you are a selected entrant that is disqualified and a Prize is forfeited for any reason, the Contest Sponsor will be fully and completely released and discharged from any liability or responsibility in this regard. The Contest Sponsor is not responsible for the failure for any reason whatsoever of a selected entrant to receive a notification.
- Following notification, a selected entrant must, unaided, correctly answer a time-limited mathematical skill-testing question. In the event that a selected entrant is unable to answer the skill-testing question correctly or in the time period required, the Contest Sponsor will have the right to disqualify said entrant and to randomly draw another eligible entry, and the Contest Sponsor shall be fully and completely released and discharged from any liability or responsibility in this regard.
- In order to be declared a winner each selected entrant must also sign and return the following to the Contest Sponsor within fourteen (14) days of provision of the same from the Contest Sponsor:
- A form affirming eligibility and compliance with all Contest Rules (form may require notarization);
- A liability release form releasing the Contest Sponsor, its directors, employees, officers, agents and affiliates from all liability arising from or relating to the acceptance, receipt, possession, use or misuse of an awarded Prize, participation in this Contest and/or in any Contest-related activity;
- A publicity release and consent form permitting the Contest Sponsor to: (i) take his or her photo; and (ii) use his or her likeness/image, name and city/town of residence without compensation in any publicity or advertising carried out in connection with the Contest in any medium worldwide by the Contest Sponsor and/or its advertising or promotional agencies without limitation or further notification;
together with, if requested by the Contest Sponsor, a photocopy of their driver’s license or other suitable identification verifying their age and residency.
If a selected entrant fails to submit the above within the given time period, the Contest Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify said entrant and randomly draw another eligible entry for the purpose of awarding a Prize (time permitting), and the Contest Sponsor shall both be fully and completely released and discharged from any liability or responsibility in this regard.
- If a selected entrant is not eligible or does not otherwise meet the requirements as set out in the Contest Rules, the Contest Sponsor will have the right to disqualify said entrant and randomly draw another eligible entry for purposes of awarding a Prize, and the Contest Sponsor shall be fully and completely released and discharged from any liability or responsibility in this regard.
- By entering the Contest, entrants agree to release and indemnify and hold harmless the Contest Sponsor and its directors, employees, officers, servants, agents and affiliates from any injury, loss or damage of any kind to persons or property, including but not limited to death, resulting in whole or in part directly or indirectly from the acceptance, receipt, possession, use or misuse of an awarded Prize, participation in the Contest and/or in any Contest-related activity.
- No Prize claim may be completed after the period of six (6) months from the date of the Draw. An unclaimed Prize will not be awarded.
- The Contest Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to terminate, modify or suspend the Contest, or modify the Contest Rules at any time for any reason whatsoever.
- All draws will adhere to the draw procedures established for the draw by the Contest Sponsor
The Contest Sponsor will not be liable for any human or technical errors that may arise or occur in connection with the Contest. The Contest Sponsor assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of the entries.
- The Contest Sponsor will not be liable for any human or technical errors that may arise or occur in connection with the Contest. The Contest Sponsor assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of the entries.
- No correspondence will be entered into except with entrants selected as a potential winner of the Prize.
- The Contest Sponsor is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any e-mail or entry to be received by the Contest Sponsor as a result of technical problems or human error, or any combination thereof, other failed entry attempts or other errors for any reason whatsoever.
- The Contest Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers with or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of this Contest or who acts in violation of these Contest Rules or otherwise in a disruptive manner. ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT TO DELIBERATELY UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, THE CONTEST SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH ENTRANT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW INCLUDING CRIMINAL PROSECUTION.
- This Contest is governed by the laws of Saskatchewan and the laws of Canada applicable therein, and is subject to all applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws and regulations.
- By entering this Contest, the entrant agrees that the courts of the Province of Saskatchewan, Canada shall have jurisdiction to entertain any action or other legal proceedings based on any provision of the Contest Rules or the running of this Contest. The entrant hereby irrevocably attorns to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of the Province of Saskatchewan.
- THE CONTEST SPONSOR IS COLLECTING PERSONAL INFORMATION ABOUT ENTRANTS FOR THE SOLE PURPOSE OF ADMINISTERING THIS CONTEST (UNLESS OTHERWISE PROVIDED FOR BY THE CONTEST RULES) AND BY PROVIDING SUCH PERSONAL INFORMATION A PARTICIPANT IS CONSENTING TO SUCH COLLECTION, USE AND DISCLOSURE OF THE SAME FOR SUCH PURPOSE. The Contest Sponsor will not sell or transmit this information to third parties except for the purposes of administering this Contest (unless otherwise provided for by the Contest Rules or agreed to by the Participant). For inquiries concerning personal information held by the Contest Sponsor, please contact us at:
Chief Privacy Officer
2025 Victoria Avenue, Regina, Saskatchewan
- These Contest Rules govern the Contest and must be followed. In the event of any discrepancy between these Contest Rules and any other material, these Contest Rules prevail to the extent of the inconsistency.