Before you start:
- We MUST assess your project. Interconnection costs can be expensive. Before signing a contract or buying equipment, get your study results.
- Interconnection costs: Costs can range anywhere from $500 to $100,000 - even into the millions. Have these details before making any decisions.
- Requirements: SaskPower and Gas and Electrical Inspections are 2 separate groups. You'll need to submit both:
- An Interconnection Service Request with us
- Permits with Gas and Electrical Inspections for plan approvals
Link to the power grid with your equipment or facilities.
Small-sized power facilities interconnect at less than or equal to 34.5 kilovolt (kV). This is best suited for the Net Metering and Small Power Producers programs.
Larger-sized power facilities have to interconnect to the grid at 72 kilovolt (kV) or higher.