Before you start:
- We MUST assess your project. Interconnection costs can be expensive. Before signing a contract or buying equipment, get your study results.
- Interconnection costs: Costs can range anywhere from $500 to $100,000 - even into the millions. Have these details before making any decisions.
- Requirements: SaskPower and Gas and Electrical Inspections are 2 separate groups. You'll need to submit both:
- An Interconnection Service Request with us
- Permits with Gas and Electrical Inspections for plan approvals
Link to the power grid with your equipment or facilities.
Small-sized power facilities interconnect at less than or equal to 34.5 kilovolt (kV). This is best suited for the Net Metering and Small Power Producers programs.
Applicable to Generation facilities larger than 1 MW.
Applicable to Generation Interconnection facilities 1 MW and greater.