Where: Herbert, SK
Fuel source: Wind
Power Capacity: 175 megawatts (MW)
Facts about the Blue Hill Wind Facility
- Algonquin Power owns and manages the facility, selling us the power it produces.
- The facility:
- includes 35 wind turbines
- can generate enough power for about 70,000 homes
- Wind is one of the cleanest power sources because it doesn’t release greenhouse gases (GHG) or pollutants.
- We ensure wind power facilities are built in an area that minimizes their environmental impact, including the impact to birds and bats.