Where: Saskatoon, SK
Fuel source: Natural Gas
Power capacity: 249 megawatts (MW)
Facts about the Cory Cogeneration Station
- Located at the Nutrien Cory mine site, near Saskatoon.
- This power station was a 50/50 joint venture with ATCO power.
- This is a unique facility because it runs mainly in “cogeneration mode”. This means it can make steam and power at the same time. It also can run only in “straight combined-cycle mode”. This means it makes only power, not steam.
- In total, the plant runs off 2 natural gas-fuelled combustion turbines and generators.
- Produces only 1/3 of the greenhouse gases that coal-fired stations do.
- The natural gas fuel’s linked to the TransGas system.
- The water supply for the plant comes from SaskWater.
This page makes me feel: