Where: Saskatoon, SK
Fuel source: Natural Gas
Power capacity: 234 megawatts (MW)
Facts about the Cory Cogeneration Station
- Located at the Nutrien Cory mine site, near Saskatoon.
- This power station was a 50/50 joint venture with ATCO power.
- This facility can operate in “cogeneration mode”, where the steam produced is used in the Nutrien potash process. This includes when it’s in power generation or in “combined-cycle mode”, where all the steam is used for power generation.
- In total, the plant runs off 2 natural gas-fuelled combustion turbines and generators.
- Produces only 1/3 of the greenhouse gases that coal-fired stations do.
- The natural gas fuel’s linked to the TransGas system.
- The water supply for the plant comes from SaskWater.
This page makes me feel: