Where: Within the rural municipality of Coulee, SK
Fuel source: Solar
Power Capacity: 10 megawatts (MW)
Facts about the Highfield Solar Facility
- Saturn Power owns and manages the site, selling us the power produced.
- This is the province’s first utility-scale solar generation project.
- The facility:
- includes nearly 30,000 panels, compared to a typical residential project of about 20 panels
- on average, can generate enough power for about 2,500 homes, but under sunny conditions can generate enough for up to 10,000 homes.
- The facility is located next to our Centennial Wind Power Facility.
- Solar is one of the cleanest technologies for generating power.