Where: Lloydminster, SK
Fuel source: Natural Gas
Power capacity: 228 megawatts (MW)
Facts about the Meridian Cogeneration Station
- Located at the heavy oil upgrader site near Lloydminster, SK.
- Owned by Meridian Limited Partnership, a wholly-owned entity of Canadian Power Holdings Inc.
- This facility was built in 1999 and has 2 natural gas units and a steam turbine.
- This was our first large-scale cogeneration energy purchase.
- We buy the power produced by the power station and the steam is purchased is purchased by the heavy oil upgrader