Where: Saskatoon, SK
Fuel source: Natural Gas
Power capacity: 623 megawatts (MW)
Facts about the Queen Elizabeth Power Station
- Originally named the South Saskatchewan River Generating Station.
- Renamed and officially started in 1959 by Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II.
- The first 2 units were first powered on in 1959 and could produce a total of 218 MW.
- A third unit was added in 1971. This produced another 95 MW for the grid.
- There is a total of 16 units in service at the power station today
This page makes me feel: