Location: Moosomin, SK
Fuel source: Wind
Net capacity: 26 MW
- Owned by Concord Pacific group; operated by Algonquin Power & Utilities Corp.
- Each of the 16 Vestas V82 wind turbines generate 1.65 MW of power.
- Each rotor is 82 metres in diameter.
- The towers are 80 metres high.
- Currently Saskatchewan’s tallest wind turbines.
The clean electricity created is then sent to a transmission line connected to the provincial grid, supplying electricity to homes and businesses.
Among other factors to consider, wind turbines are erected in areas of consistent wind and with consideration of existing transmission lines to transport the electricity to where it is needed.
Turbines usually operate with wind speeds between 15 and 90 kilometres per hour. They cease operating when temperatures fall below -30°C.