Where: Gull Lake, SK
Fuel source: Wind
Power capacity: 11 megawatts (MW)
Facts about the Sunbridge Wind Power Facility
- This facility’s owned and managed by a partnership between Suncor Energy Inc. and Enbridge Inc.
- There are 17 wind turbines in total.
- The blades spin at a speed of 28 turns per minute when they produce power. Each turbine blade is 23 metres long and 47 metres in diameter.
- The turbines turn between wind speeds of 14 km/h and 90 km/h. They reach their full power when winds are 54 km/h.
- Each tower is 65 metres high.
- The Sunbridge Wind Power Faculty offsets emissions by 33,000 tonnes per year. That’s equal to heating 5,000 homes!
- The federal government provided about $12.4 million in funding over 10-years. This commitment in the fall of 2000 was to support renewable power growth in Saskatchewan.
This page makes me feel: