Make your own power and save money with our Net Metering program.
You won't have to buy as much power from us when you're making your own. And if you make too much you'll get credits. These will carry over to your next month's bill (for up to 3 years).
Your Energy Options
Your project can be up to 100 kw (dc). Keep in mind, when building your system, that it's the right size. If you go too big you'll lose credits.
- Making your home energy efficient. Get your money’s worth from your system.
- Figuring out the size and cost of a system. Talk to a few suppliers to give you quotes.
- Tracking your monthly power use by signing up for an online account.
Interconnection Study Fee (non-refundable)
$315 (GST included)
Electrical Permits and Inspection
You must get an electrical permit before starting your project.
You’re responsible for all costs linked to connecting your project to the SaskPower grid. This includes the cost of a bi-directional meter of $498.75 (GST included). All costs will be found in your Quote Letter.
If you have a 120/208V single phase service, please check with SaskPower before starting your project. Modifications will be required and there will be additional costs to connect.
You're responsible for all costs associated with buying and installing your system. This includes:
We credit your extra power at the same rate you buy power. Your credits aren’t paid out. They're banked and carried forward, month over month, for up to 3 years.
For a detailed process, simply download our info package below. Steps include:
- You apply using the “APPLY NOW” button below and filling out the form
- You submit your project to Electrical Inspections to review
- We review your planned system and provide you with a quote to connect to the grid
- We provide you with a Net Metering Interconnection Agreement to sign
- You install your system and book an electrical inspection
- Electrical Inspections inspects your system
- We come out and install the bi-directional meter
- You start generating!
The Government of Saskatchewan offers a one-time rebate to help cover some costs. The rebate is $0.61 per watt, which works out to about 20% of your total system costs. The maximum rebate is $20,000.
For example: If you install a 8.5 kW system, your rebate would be $5,185.
To get the rebate, you must have:
- your system installed
- an electrical inspection
- a bi-directional meter installed
Once you've got all this, you can send in a copy of your receipts. Original invoices won't be returned.
Rebates are issued directly to customers. Leased equipment isn't eligible for the rebate.
When applying for the program you must have an electrical review done.
Please complete the Renewables Information Check Sheet. Once it's complete, send it to email@example.com. You must include all required documents listed in the program guidelines.
What are the Steps?
- Read the program guidelines and apply below.
- Submit your project to Electrical Inspections to review.
- We’ll look over your planned system and give you a quote to connect to the grid.
- If you agree, we’ll provide you with a contract to sign.
- You’ll install your system and book an electrical inspection.
- Your system’s inspected and approved by Electrical Inspections.
- We’ll come out and install the meter.
- You’re good to go. Start making your own power!
Ready to Get Started?