In recent months, we’ve started conversations about future planning considerations. We've talked with:
- Saskatchewan residents
- Municipalities of Saskatchewan
- Indigenous rightsholders
- Saskatchewan Association of Rural Municipalities
- Chambers of Commerce
- Saskatchewan Environmental Society
- Industry organizations
In May and June, we held eight virtual deliberative dialogue sessions that saw around 300 participants from around the province. In each session we explored hypothetical scenarios to better learn what planning considerations SaskPower should keep in mind as we look towards 2050. These conversations helped us find out what’s important to the participants, and what you and your fellow residents would like to see when it comes to our long-term plan to power our province.
What We Heard
- Protect the environment, reduce GHG emissions
- Make fair, honest and smart financial decisions
- Find collaborative and mutually beneficial solutions
- Understand and consider the full impacts of planned systems and solutions
- Reliable, accessible and equitable power for all
- Recognize tensions exists around the use of nuclear power
We’re still in the very early days of planning for our future power system. We’ll use this information to help guide our planning efforts for 2050 and beyond.
- Complete this 5-minute survey to help us determine what’s next this fall.
- Stay tuned for more opportunities to participate!