Our Energy Assistance Program is easy to join and completely FREE!
High utility bills can be stressful for lower-income households. And it can be costly to make energy efficient upgrades to your home. We’re here to help you save money on utility bills and improve your home’s energy efficiency.
All Saskatchewan residents who meet the program eligibility below can apply. This program is offered in partnership with the Government of Canada, the City of Saskatoon and the City of Swift Current Light and Power.
Save up to $230 a year on your utility bills!
Make your home energy efficient for free!
Want to Participate?Our Home Energy Advisors will come to your home and complete a walkthrough.
They'll upgrade your home with FREE energy efficient items to help you save money, like:
- Smart thermostat
- ENERGY STAR LED light bulbs
- Smart power strip
- High-efficiency showerheads
- Aerators (kitchen and bathroom)
- Drying rack
The Home Energy Advisors will also give you simple everyday tips to help keep your energy use down. This will help you save money on your utility bills.
This program has limited space – apply today!
To qualify for the program, you must:
- Own or rent a single-detached home or semi-attached home
- If you're renting, get the consent of your landlord to participate
- Live in the home year-round
- Be a customer of SaskPower, Saskatoon Light and Power or Swift Current Light and Power
- Have a household income of $70,000 or less (exceptions apply – contact us for details)
Hear from a participant
"There are so many small ways to save and they’re all right under our noses! It took someone like this energy coach to point them out to me. The process was eye opening to me and it was great to have this specialist come into my home and provide this all to me for free!"
- Chris Tessmer