Installing and exchanging meters is one of the most common things we do. The process only takes around 15-20 minutes.
Our qualified electrical worker will:
- Knock on your door to let you know he or she has arrived
- Do a quick visual check of your meter to check for any potential issues before getting started
- Cut seal remove meter ring
- Remove old meter, this will result in power outage
- Inspect meter socket, conductors, connections and test meter socket jaws
- Install new meter, power will come back on
- Install meter ring and seal
- Verify meter is working
- Let you know work is complete and answer any questions
Before We Arrive
We’ll send you an email a week before to let you know that we’re planning to install your meter.
- Please make sure we have a clear path to your meter. If your meter hasn’t been read in the last 2 months, we’ll also visit to do an in-person read before your smart meter is installed.
To safely replace your meter, we’ll need to turn off the power for about 15 minutes. Most of our installations take place Monday to Friday between 8 am and 4:30 pm.
If this outage is inconvenient for you please call us at 1-855-877-0975 to schedule an appointment.
After We Install Your Smart Meter
We'll leave a door hanger behind with some helpful information and send a follow up email to confirm your meter has been installed successfully.
Your new smart meter starts working immediately. Your detailed power information will be available on your MySaskPower account after your next bill. After that, your data will be refreshed daily and be visible after 2-3 days.
Don’t have a MySaskPower account? Sign up for one today!