Board of Directors, Whitecap Dakota First Nation
Chief Bear joined the Board of Directors in November 2016 as Chair.
He is also serving a 7th consecutive term as Chief of the Whitecap Dakota First Nation.
- Business Administration Certificate from the University of Saskatchewan
- Honorary Doctor of Laws Degree from the University of Saskatchewan
Awards and Accolades
- Commemorative Medal for the Centennial of Saskatchewan (2005)
- The Saskatchewan Order of Merit (2011)
- Diamond Jubilee Medal (2012)
- Canadian Council for Aboriginal Business Lifetime Achievement Award (2016)
- Saskatchewan Junior Achievement Business Hall of Fame Award (2017)
Chief Bear enjoys creating meaningful friendships and improving the lives of others. Being raised in Whitecap has provided him with a strong connection to the land.
He enjoys spending quality time with his grandchildren and on the land with his horses. He also enjoys canoeing the Saskatchewan River system.