Marvin Romanow joined the SaskPower Board of Directors in October 2016.
Mr. Romanow’s a Corporate Director, Executive in Residence at the University of Saskatchewan. He was previously the president and chief executive officer of Nexen Inc.
- MBA and a Bachelor of Engineering, with Great Distinction, from the University of Saskatchewan
- Program for Management Development at Harvard Graduate School
- Advanced Management Programme with the INSEAD Business School
- ICD.D designation from the Institute of Corporate Directors
Volunteer and Board Positions
- Chairman of Freehold Royalties Ltd.
- Board member of advisors at the Duke University School of Environment Durham North Carolina
- Board member of the Arnie Charbonneau Cancer Institute
In 2007, the Energy Economist recognized Mr. Romanow as Canada's "CFO of the Year." The Saskatchewan Oil Patch inducted him into the Hall of Fame in 2013.