Vice-President, Human Resources & Safety
Kathy McCrum joined the SaskPower family in November 2017 as Vice-President of Human Resources & Safety & CHRO. Before that, she held senior leadership positions in Human Resources (HR) at the Co-op Refinery Complex and Kramer LTD (Finning). At both organizations she built high-functioning teams and increased the performance and credibility of the HR partnership with the business.
Before 2012, she lived in Calgary, AB and held leadership positions in HR and Operations at Canadian Pacific Railway (CP). She was with CP for 11 years and was provided numerous rewarding opportunities that were critical in building her unique career foundation.
Kathy is passionate about her career and believes in giving back to the community in a variety of ways. For the past 20 years, Kathy has held various roles as a certified fitness leader/instructor. She currently serves as a member of the Regina Exhibition Association Ltd. (REAL) Board of Directors and chairs the REAL Human Resources Committee. Kathy is an active member of the Canadian Electricity Association's HR Committee, which plays a role in shaping the electricity industry in Canada. In addition, she is a serving member of the SafeSask Board of Directors.
She enjoys exercising, laughing and listening to music. She spends most of her spare time with her husband Colan, her two kids and two labradoodles. She is passionate about heritage buildings and lives in one of the oldest homes in Regina. Her favourite places to travel are to Northern Saskatchewan, Costa Rica and Nashville.
- Bachelor of Business Administration from the University of Regina
- Canadian Professional Human Resource designation (2013)
- Team Effectiveness Coaching Program through Concordia University (2014)
- Personal and Professional Coaching Certification through Concordia University (2017)
Volunteer and Board Positions
- Regina Exhibition Association Limited (REAL) Board of Directors
- REAL Human Resources Committee
- Canadian Electricity Association Human Resources Committee
- SafeSask Board of Directors
- Certified fitness instructor