Vice-President, Distribution & Customer Services
Shawn Schmidt became Vice-President, Distribution & Customer Services in August 2018.
Mr. Schmidt spent 15 years in the utility, mining and consulting industries. He joined SaskPower in 2001 in Customer Service Key Accounts. He then became Engineering Supervisor and Region Manager in Distribution Operations. Mr. Schmidt also served as Director, Transmission Operations and Maintenance for eight years.
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering from the University of Saskatchewan
- Membership in the Association of Professional Engineers and Geoscientists of Saskatchewan
Volunteer and Board Positions
- Canadian Electricity Association Customer Council
- Canadian Electricity Association Distribution Council
- Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers paper: Flashover Performance of Live-Line Tools in High Voltage Environments (co-author 2018)
- Represents SaskPower on the Transmission Distribution Maintenance Management Association
- United Way volunteer and active member of his community