We’re building a switching station and a power line to connect the Blue Hill Wind Power Facility to our grid. We expect this line to be powered up in the summer of 2021.
Why we're doing it
This project will help us move power where it’s needed by connecting:
- the Blue Hill Wind Power Facility to our grid
- the new switching station to the Pasqua to Swift Current line
This is one of the ways we can meet Saskatchewan’s growing need for power. And it supports our goals to add more renewable energy to our supply mix.
Our progress so far
We’ve completed 2 open houses to collect feedback on the line route. We’ve engaged with:
- elected officials
We were asked to:
- Lower disruption to the environment and wildlife like leks and raptor stick nests.
- Preserve archaeological resources like teepee rings.
- Avoid building across agricultural land. That's why we'll build along the fence and quarter section line.
Minimizing the impact to you
Engaging with you is an important part of this process. It helps us understand your concerns, especially now that we have a preferred route. For the preferred route, we looked at:
- feedback from stakeholders
- impacts on land use
- environmental impacts
- technical needs, safety and efficiency
Respecting the local environment
Construction is planned over the winter months. This will help reduce impacts to the environment, including:
- endangered species and their habitats
- sensitive landscapes like wetlands
Every power project we do, we follow our best-practice standards. This will help us protect the environment no matter which stage the project’s in. We'll also check in with the regulator, the Ministry of Environment. This'll make sure we're following all the proper processes and procedures as we build.
Benefits to local communities
This project will help provide reliable power to your home and community. It’ll also help reduce carbon emissions in the province.
Keeping you informed
As we make progress on the project, we'll update this page.
For more details about this project:
- Presentation slides
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: 1-833-223-3370 (toll-free in Saskatchewan)