SaskPower Offers No-cost Walk-Through Energy Assessment for Businesses
July 22, 2020
- SaskPower and Natural Resources Canada have partnered to help Saskatchewan businesses become more energy efficient.
- For a limited time, businesses with fewer than 500 employees may qualify for a no-cost walk-through energy assessment.
- We’re also offering no-cost energy efficiency training through Canadian Institute for Energy Training.
SaskPower and Natural Resources Canada (NRCAN) have partnered to help Saskatchewan businesses become more energy efficient! For a limited time, businesses with fewer than 500 employees may qualify for a no-cost walk-through assessment and efficiency training. Learn more below.
What’s a walk-through assessment?
During a walk-through assessment an energy auditor visits your business. They look for:
- Ways to decrease energy consumption
- Opportunities for energy efficiency
- Ways to save money on natural gas and power bills
The auditor will make recommendations that range up from no cost.
What’s the cost of a walk-through assessment?
Thanks to the funding partnership with NRCAN, SaskPower can offer a limited number of assessments at no-cost to the qualifying business. This is normally a $3,000 to $7,000 value, based on the size of the facility.
What precautions are being taken due to the COVID-19 pandemic?
The health and safety of our customers and employees is our top priority. Energy auditors will:
- Use proper personal protective equipment
- Maintain physical distance during the on-site assessment
- Wipe clean items and surfaces they’ve handled
- Use their own tools and equipment
Our customers also have the option of a virtual walk-through energy assessment by working directly with the energy auditor over video conference.
What else are SaskPower and NRCAN offering small and medium businesses?
Through our partnership, we’re offering two kinds of energy efficiency training. Training is offered by the Canadian Institute for Energy Training (CIET). It’s available at no-cost to a limited number of eligible customers for courses taken before March 31, 2021. Training options are:
- Energy Management Professional Training, which is an introduction to energy management
- Certified Energy Managers Training for energy efficiency professionals that covers the technical, economic and regulatory aspects of effective energy management.
How do I sign up for a walk-though assessment or energy efficiency training?
Visit Walk-through Energy Assessment or call 1-888-757-6937 and select option 6 to talk to a business energy advisor.
- Walk-through Energy Assessment