Upcoming courses are now full. We’re no longer accepting applications for the Energy Advisor Training Program.
We offer a free Energy Advisor Training Program for those who are passionate about energy efficiency and are interested in becoming a registered energy advisor.
What’s An Energy Advisor?
These services help homeowners and building professionals:
- understand and improve home energy efficiency.
- reduce greenhouse gas emissions (GHG).
- save money on utility bills.
Energy advisors (EA) are registered with Natural Resources Canada (NRCan). To become a registered energy advisor, candidates must pass 2 qualification exams:
- the Foundation Level Exam
- the Energy Advisor (House) Exam, and
- become affiliated with a NRCan-licensed service organization
For more information about a career as an energy advisor, check out NRCan.
About the Program
Our training courses are free and we
cover the cost of the exams.
We connect you with experienced EA mentors
and offer advanced training.
Successful applicants will receive:
- registration in up to 6 courses designed to give the knowledge and skills to pass the exams
- mentorship from an experienced energy advisor
- complementary 1-year membership with the Canadian Association of Consulting Energy Advisors (CACEA)
- introductions to NRCan-licensed service organizations; and
- advanced training to enhance your skills as an energy advisor
The Energy Advisor Training Program is put on by us, with training delivered by the Canadian Institute for Energy Training. The goal of the program is to raise the number of registered energy advisors in Saskatchewan — especially in under-represented groups and under-served areas of the province.
There’s no cost to participate in the program. Funding for the program is provided by the Government of Canada as part of the Greener Homes Initiative.